cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z1 headphones

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thought I would start a new thread to ensure the info is kept on topic.

As you know the headphones were missing from our z1 boxes.

Some people have gotten credit, others told the headphones have been ordered.

I was told (phone and web chat) that the headphones could only be ordered as they do not give credit (inconsistent!) so this was fine as I wanted the headphones....

A day later I got an email saying they are out of stock so please go into a store and pick them up free of charge...

This sounded strange as I was sure stores wouldn't do this, called a store this morning and sure enough they don't do this. All they could do was order them for me and they come from the same warehouse as customer service order from!!!

The misinformation coming out of O2 is rather worrying so far....is it always like this?
Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll have to try again, no point in having a Walkman function on the phone and no headphones. Considering both in shop and chat were no use, I'll ring up and
Message 31 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable
They 100% should come with headphones unless o2 made a funny arrangement with Sony that would not sense! My handset has them and I could have chose any network with phones 4 u!!!
Message 32 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I'll be speaking with CS to arrange for the delivery of my missing headphones sometime today. Spent the better part of two hours trying to get through yesterday, but kept being hung-up on...

It's a good thing I have a copy of the Live Chat I had with O2 yesterday.

Message 33 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I'll be speaking with CS to arrange for the delivery of my missing headphones sometime today. Spent the better part of two hours trying to get through yesterday, but kept being hung-up on...

It's a good thing I have a copy of the Live Chat I had with O2 yesterday.

Let us know what the random feedback is today please!

Message 34 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Just got off the phone with CS. And they said NO HEADSETS with Z1. I reckon O2 must be clamping down on the freebies. Oh well, time to return the phone to O2 and cancel my contract.

Message 35 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

Just got off the phone with CS. And they said NO HEADSETS with Z1. I reckon O2 must be clamping down on the freebies. Oh well, time to return the phone to O2 and cancel my contract.

That was the feedback I was getting yesterday as well.

They cannot clamp down tho as the box SHOULD contain headsets.

What a joke this launch has been.

Message 36 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

Xperia Z1's bought direct from Sony in the UK come with the MH750 stereo headset worth a whole £21.99.

A lot of people seem to forget they got £180 worth of QX10 camera lens thrown in instead by ordering from O2.

Message 37 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Xperia Z1's bought direct from Sony in the UK come with the MH750 stereo headset worth a whole £21.99.

A lot of people seem to forget they got £180 worth of QX10 camera lens thrown in instead by ordering from O2.

Completely irrelivant.

Just because the network offer a free gift does not mean they can remove things out of the box (or more likely not request them to be in the box from Sony...)

Other places (like P4u) received more than O2 for free and also had their headsets in the box.

Doesn't matter how much it costs, it should be included.

Message 38 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nobody forced you to get the phone from O2 & you should have asked what was included BEFORE agreeing the deal.

Message 39 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with the lovely and very helpful Jennifer at CS.

She agreed that it was odd the Z1 shipped with earphones (a lot of the confusion comes from people using the term headphones, rather than earphones) and tried to arrange for a replacement pair to be sent out. Unfortunately, they had non in stock, and so I agreed to her crediting my account £20 to cover the cost of any earphones I buy.

Now I just have to browse the O2 accessory store and utilise my discount codes wink

Message 40 of 82