cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z1 headphones

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thought I would start a new thread to ensure the info is kept on topic.

As you know the headphones were missing from our z1 boxes.

Some people have gotten credit, others told the headphones have been ordered.

I was told (phone and web chat) that the headphones could only be ordered as they do not give credit (inconsistent!) so this was fine as I wanted the headphones....

A day later I got an email saying they are out of stock so please go into a store and pick them up free of charge...

This sounded strange as I was sure stores wouldn't do this, called a store this morning and sure enough they don't do this. All they could do was order them for me and they come from the same warehouse as customer service order from!!!

The misinformation coming out of O2 is rather worrying so far....is it always like this?
Message 1 of 82
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

I've spoken to my colleagues and the phone box does not come with headphones as a default part of the package. Sorry to hear that some of you were expecting it and I hope the below is useful.

To clear this up here’s what does come in the box:

• Phone
  • Battery: inbuilt
  • Charger
  • Data Cable
  • Manual
  • Warranty
  • Screen Protector
  • SAR

There’s a list of compatible accessories including headphones here –

http://accessoryshop.o2.co.uk/handsets/sony?page=1&sortby=latest&filterHandset=sony_xperia_z1

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

View solution in original post

Message 46 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

First I understand your frustration as this kind of thing has happened to me too.

To be fair you have contacted one store and received one answer.

If you ask for an official e mail / or take the one you have from o2 stating you are permitted to walk into a high-street store, then they are duty bound to give you a set.

Are they sold separately is the key here.

If so first ask if they have them in stock. If so say no more and walk in with the e mail.

Message 2 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to confirm, tried a few stores after the first one. All said the same.

I do have the official email and I am the phone to CS now and they are 'lost for words' as to why I was advised to go to a store and they can see the email also....yet have no idea why this would have been sent.

They are sorting it out now for me. Must depends who you speak to it seems...

To confirm tho the email will NOT be accepted in a store, they simply cannot do it for any orders handled out of a store.
Message 3 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having just got off Live Chat, I can confirm that I was told I would need to head to my local O2 store and purchase the Z1 headphones. The store would then fax the receipt to O2, who would credit my account.

I am hoping I won't need to purchase anything, and that a record of my pre-order should be enough to warrant them simply handing the headphones over.

Message 4 of 82

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I'm of the mind that O2 should supply them directly from Sony and post them out to you. It doesn't seem right that you have to buy them and await the credit on your account.

Message 5 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable
Being told he only way is to check stock in stores, then credit your account for how much hey cost and you then buy them yourself..
Message 6 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

What a stupid way of resolving the issue.

Stores obviously protecting their stock and margins ?

If they are sold separately then it has to be a case of being handed them, and the store transfers the movement of stock to o2's central office ?

I'd esculating this to a complaint.

Message 7 of 82

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Not the way to conduct business and keep customers happy at all. I too would be making a complaint. It would help if O2 and the stores actually communicated with each other.

Complaints Review Service | Support | O2

Message 8 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd esculating this to a complaint.

Well, if my local store don't provide the headphones, I may well do that.

My issue is that I don't want them to credit my account; if I pay (for example) £20 for some headphones, I would want them to refund it to whatever card I used to purchase said headphones. I certainly don't need, or want them knocking it off my next bill.

Message 9 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable
A 'hot potato' scenario that nobody wants to keep hold of.

😞
Message 10 of 82