cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia S dropped in the loo... :(

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently dropped my Sony Xperia S in the toilet. I dried it straight away and put it in a tub of rice in the airing cupboard overnight, and it works fine again. The only thing that is wrong with it is that the speaker doesn't work, so I have no ringtone, message tone, etc. I have no trouble with calls, just tones. Anyone got any idea if this can be fixed and if so, how much it's likely to cost and how I go about it? 

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147961 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28372 Solutions
You really should leave it longer than overnight to fully dry out... Maybe up to a week is sometimes necessary, however, if all is lost, a speaker is an easy cheap repair....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
  • 147961 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28372 Solutions
You really should leave it longer than overnight to fully dry out... Maybe up to a week is sometimes necessary, however, if all is lost, a speaker is an easy cheap repair....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only issue I've had with liquid getting into the phone is the problems it can cause later down the line too.

The liquid on internal motherboard can oxidise causing failures.

Let's hope your one of the luckier ones.

And keep your phone away from toilets ! wink
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Never use the dog-and-bone whilst on the Throne if accident prone."

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rofl !

slight_smile
Message 5 of 23

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
Ironically the 2 variants after the S are waterproof
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
If e a bit more worried than just water if it went down the loo Rycal

slight_smile
Message 7 of 23

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
True, but at least you could wash it afterwards wink
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Eeuuewww

wink
Message 9 of 23

jonsie
  • 93565 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7000 Solutions

I still can't understand the need to take a phone in the loo? If you're going to be in there some time, take a book or newspaper (or Senokot!)

Message 10 of 23