Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling on Samsung S20+

Newdigsuk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm having issues with my Samsung S20+ as it does not work with WiFi calling.

Phone is direct from o2, however I believe the wrong firmware may be installed. Would really appreciate any help as customer services are impossible to get through to right now
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Newdigsuk I'm not 100% certain about this, but I believe you need customer service to provision it on your account. Best, and possibly only chance to get through is to try at 8 am.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

O2Kurt
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 84 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
newdiguk,
unfortunately if you haven't got the o2 approved firmware its not going to work. I wouldn't recommend changing the firmware as it can cause warranty issues etc.

To check if your phone’s running O2 firmware, dial *#1234# and look at the CSC entry. If this line includes ‘TEF’, ‘O2U’ or ‘OTF’ then your device has O2 firmware and you can set up Wifi and 4G Calling.
If the CSC doesn't include one of these codes then Wifi and 4G Calling isn’t supported on your phone right now.
signature
Message 3 of 10

O2Kurt
  • 84 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
yes you need to be on compatible data Bolton & phone firmware if it to work.
signature
Message 4 of 10

Newdigsuk
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
But I bought the phone from you guys and you say it's supported! I've spent 40 mins on hold today trying to get through to someone
Message 5 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Newdigsuk Did you check the CSC as suggested? How long ago did you get the phone?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

Newdigsuk
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah it's not an O2 firmware device. I got the phone yesterday. Apparently O2 can sell generic phones too
Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
S20 doesn't need O2 firmware.
You need to call to get account checked as advised above https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

S1mon
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh, just for the record, having installed this month's Security patch my S20 now has WiFi calling enabled even though it wasn't bought from O2 !!! Before today it wouldn't work as is explained above concerning the Firmware but that now seems irrelevant eh ?
Message 9 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah, as i said, no need for O2 specific firmware, so I guess the security settings weren't to O2's liking before it updated.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10