cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Extra - Does not work on Nexus 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, I've been trying to understand why WiFI Extra is not working for me on my Nexus 6. Being stock Android with Marshmallow it should work, as Google has included the necessary things in Marshmallow to make it work. O2 tell me I need a device with their software on it but Nexus devices don't work like that. I've also heard I need to have received correspondence tell me I have it active on my account. I've tried some settings I found on this forum for it work but it just stays on connecting when I click on WiFi Extra. O2 Guru in my local store doessant seam to know much about it. I would like to use this feature.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update on this. I was testing out WiFi Extra in Sutton Town Centre and it was not always auto connecting. As the 4G signal was good it didant switch over to WiFi Extra like its suppose to, it only tried to auto connect for some reason when the signal strength of WiFi Extra was very poor, ie was not in the shop that offered WiFi Extra and no WiFi bars/gage. Also sometimes it came up with a notification to sign in when I clicked it, it auto logged me in, due to the fact that I believe the WiFi credentials are embedded in the SIM card, didant think it was supposed to work like that.
Message 21 of 25

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's not, true Wi-Fi extra will just connect without any prompts
Message 22 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yes, it is sim controlled and it will only kick in if the wifi will give a faster connection than 3g or 4g.
Sorry, but I assumed you knew this already or else I would have given the link sooner https://www.o2wifi.co.uk/my/extra
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, @MI5. I did know that. I still don't think it works 100% yet though. It's good that I managed to connect yesterday for the 1st time.
Message 24 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yes indeed. It's a good start slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 25