cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Extra - Does not work on Nexus 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, I've been trying to understand why WiFI Extra is not working for me on my Nexus 6. Being stock Android with Marshmallow it should work, as Google has included the necessary things in Marshmallow to make it work. O2 tell me I need a device with their software on it but Nexus devices don't work like that. I've also heard I need to have received correspondence tell me I have it active on my account. I've tried some settings I found on this forum for it work but it just stays on connecting when I click on WiFi Extra. O2 Guru in my local store doessant seam to know much about it. I would like to use this feature.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. I will hopefully wait for 6.0 devices to be compatible. @MI5 Thanks.
Message 11 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just to throw a spanner in the works...my unbranded Nexus 7 running Marshmallow connects to wifi extra in Bolton town centre.....

Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. Jonsie. Probably network issue then. Seems weird in Hammersmith where I work iPads with Mobile data connect, and neither my Nexus or a colleagues Galaxy S6 Edge Plus connects.
Message 13 of 25

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Just to throw a spanner in the works...my unbranded Nexus 7 running Marshmallow connects to wifi extra in Bolton town centre.....

which model you have @jonsie ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 25

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In my signature, the 2013 mode. It's been registered as a device on o2 wifi since I got it over 2 years ago. Maybe because it's always been registered is why it works now?

Message 15 of 25

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
4G version?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got on tube to work and logged into WiFi Extra successfully by changing authentication method to SIM. Whether it will do it out in real world when 3g/4g signal is weak is anyone's guess.
Message 17 of 25

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Just got on tube to work and logged into WiFi Extra successfully by changing authentication method to SIM. Whether it will do it out in real world when 3g/4g signal is weak is anyone's guess.

Do let us know....

Message 18 of 25

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Great news, they must have fixed the issues.
Does this mean the WiFi app is back in the play store?

Currently using:
Message 19 of 25

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Great news, they must have fixed the issues.
Does this mean the WiFi app is back in the play store?

No, it appears not........

Currently using:
Message 20 of 25