cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MisOrder Number ms-505724059

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was cold-called yesterday. by Andrew from Transferwise who I assumed to be a GiffGaff rep. as I signed up with them a couple of days ago. The phone call woke me up and I was confused as I take a lot of medication. Andrew lead me to believe I was negotiating with GiffGaff and is a great salesman. After the conversation I felt I'd been deceived as I specifically chose a GiffGaff PAYG account but then realised I'd been sold an unwanted contract via yourselves. i called O2 straight back to explain the situation and was assured the contract would not come into effect if I returned the new card I would be receiving tomorrow recorded delivery. The Transferwise representative also lead me to believe I would be getting the card by recorded delivery which is untrue as I then received another stating the card would be sent by normal post to arrive over the next 3 days so I won't be able to return it. I feel both reps. have deliberately deceived me and I'm terrified I'm now tied into a contract I really don't want. Would you please ensure my Order Number ms-505724059 does not take effect. I'm disgusted O2 would scheme with a third party company such as transferwis and mislead me this way. I will pursue this matter further as I feel cheated unless the lady I later spoke to can cancel the account as she said she could. I look forward to hearing from you soon, Sincerely, Keith Lovett
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Firstly can I say that Transferwise is not a phone company at all. The only Transferwise I can see on Google is some service which enables you to transfer money abroad https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TransferWise  https://transferwise.com/help so I am not sure what has happened as they would have had nothing to do with phones?

Also, you aren't speaking with O2 here. This is a customer to customer forum and and no-one from O2 will see your post.  As you confirm you have actually spoken to O2 (in your post) you need to contact customer services again and reiterate what you have said here You do have the order number so it will be easy for them to trace .http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If you take out any contract with a phone company you do have a 14 day cooling off period which should have been explained during this chat. I am not sure whether you actually started a contract for a new phone or just a sim only (as you only mention the sim in your post) Either way.... if the sim arrives you just return it and cancel any contract you may have started...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Once you have returned the sim card, call o2 CS again to confirm they have received it and cancelled your order.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another one of these so called trusted partners I assume 

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much for all your time and effort. Transferwise is a fledgling Paypal op by the looks of it but as I was semi-conscious when I received the call and I'd only started with GiffGaff the same day I got caught out. All people seem concerned with these days Unfortunately I have an emotionally unstable personality disorder and just this little incident really stressed me out. A "trusted" partner is exactly what Transferwise is. BTW I just received the SIM & managed to catch the postie to refuse it. As well as all the O2 blurb on the packet there was a tiny Transferwise logo secreted in top left hand corner. I'm not letting this drop tho as the more these greedy corps get away with, the more they destroy our communities. Gratefully, Keith Lovett
Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

General rule of thumb: If someone calls you trying to sell something, hang up. You don't need to be polite.

If you want to lodge a formal complaint, follow this link: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
@Bambino, you trying to tell me you've not had ppi or a car accident in that last 3 years that wasn't your fault.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 7