Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water damage

Janinemcneil
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. I have Samsung galaxy j5 20016 on 19th sep 2019 my phone dropped down the toilet. I got it out quickly as I could. Took battery out to dry it ect next day. It came on. And charging. But I can't swipe screen to unlock it and to get into your apps. How ever if I swiped it over my jeans it unlocked it. Strange i know. But I still couldn't get into anything. Any help would be appreciated. As I love my phone only had it 2/3 years. It's currently in rice praying it will fix it and dry the rest of it out. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Other than the bag of rice, there isn’t much else you can do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions
@Janinemcneil I wouldn't count on the phone ever being the same again. You should start considering a replacement.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

The problem with any amount of moisture or damp inside the phone that is trapped, even after being in rice for a week, will cause corrosion and oxidization in the weeks ahead and cause issues.

The best you can do along with the rice is to put it in a warm airing cupboard and keep your fingers crossed but as @Bambino suggests, it may be prudent to start thinking of upgrading or replacing the phone as soon as you can

Fingers crossed for you that the rice works @Janinemcneil prayfingers_crossed

Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Oh noo! Sorry to hear about your phone @Janinemcneil ! 😞

Let us know how it turns out after the rice!

Message 5 of 5