cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty on s7 edge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

2months ago I bought samsung s7 edge, few days ago when i got update for google play app, my phone got reset, and it's stuck at samsung logo screen until battery is dead. I was reading many posts telling that it's a bootloop problem, if I flash my phone via odin with official firmware for o2uk from sammobile.com it will void the warranty?

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You have a 2 year warranty with the phone. Best to give Samsung a call http://www.samsung.com/uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You have a 2 year warranty with the phone. Best to give Samsung a call http://www.samsung.com/uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

MI5
  • 144286 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
No, it's perfectly OK to flash official firmware.
Just make sure you choose the latest one as going backwards will trip Knox and that will void the warranty.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/4634...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for very quick respond. I've flashed the phone, with android from sammobile.com but that didnt help with my bootloop problem, now it's system binary "samsung official" and system status"custom".  If i will go now with my phone to o2 what they will do? It's saying warranty void: 0, so everything is fine?

So if i want for example install android 6.0 it will void warranty? Can you explain me why?

Also if they will take my phone they will fix it for free or they will charge for it?

Message 4 of 19

MI5
  • 144286 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Warranty is fine. What you see is normal.
You cannot go back to 6.0
As a reflash didn't help I too would speak to Samsung.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 19

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for help. I'm going to O2 office, let's what see what they say. I forgot to mention that my phone stucked at erasing screen, but odin says pass. Now i have no command screen with dead robot. And recovery mode is not working.

Message 7 of 19

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous

Take the advice given already.....do not go to O2, Samsung will sort this for you.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@AnonymousThe phone is 2 months old. Under warranty. Please contact Samsung as per the info given in my first post. You will regret involving O2 who will do their best to blame you for the problem

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 19

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@AnonymousThe phone is 2 months old. Under warranty. Please contact Samsung as per the info given in my first post. You will regret involving O2 who will do their best to blame you for the problem

Exactly that. Please take the advice to save time and stress and the phone coming back with more damage than it went with. 

Better yet, search for Anovo, O2's repairer, in the box at the top of the page for pages and pages of horror stories. 

Message 10 of 19