cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking a replaced mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I recently had my LG G4 die whilst on a weekend away in Liverpool - took it to the o2 shop [in Liverpool] and they sent it away for repair - it actually came back and was a replacement G4.

As my other G4 was unlocked [going away to the US in 3 weeks and will be using a different sim for the holiday] I thought I'd get this one done.

Followed the My o2 app route and I get a text saying it cant be done - the subsequent email said

I'm sorry, we have not been able to unlatch your device at this time. The reason given is: This is not an O2 device, it will not be possible for us to provide an unlatching code.

Contacted Customer Services via online chat and was eventually told to take it back to the store I got the replacement rom as it was originally purchased from a store.

I've had the replacement since Thursday so I think it should have registered with o2 by now - do I go to my local o2 store and ask them or will they tell me to just contact o2?

Cheers

Alun

Message 1 of 43
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call CS on 202 and explain.
They should be able to push it through manually
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Couple of things to check:
-does the new IMEI number match what is shown under your phone details on My o2?
-have you tried a non o2 SIM card to make sure it is actually locked?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 43

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call CS on 202 and explain.
They should be able to push it through manually
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Double checked - online via my o2 the device name and correct emei is registered as belonging to me - and when I insert a sim from three I get a network locked message on the screen.

If I contact CS again - won't I just get the same response or does it depend on the agent?

Cheers

Alun

Message 4 of 43

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call, as I said above - live chat are useless in these cases.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 43

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Deffo call rather than chat - unless you are very lucky chat are not unlikely to resolve this.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 43

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Live chat will not have the tools to help, even if they knew how to?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK - quick update - chatted to o2 and they eventually processed my request - then came back to me and said that they had to contact LG to get the unlocking code - which will take [up to] 10 working days...

The time is almost up and still no contact from o2 - only just over a week that I go to the US and I need my phone unlocking so I can use a different sim card.... Let's hope it all get's sorted soon...

[another update] - just emailed them by replying to the my care email and I got...

"Hello, Thanks for your email, but we have now shut down our email support service."

Cheers

Alun

Message 8 of 43

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Fingers crossed

Currently using:
Message 9 of 43

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Another phone call wouldn't be a bad idea if you have a spare hour. It shouldn't really be taking this long. Hope all goes well.

Message 10 of 43