cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking a replaced mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I recently had my LG G4 die whilst on a weekend away in Liverpool - took it to the o2 shop [in Liverpool] and they sent it away for repair - it actually came back and was a replacement G4.

As my other G4 was unlocked [going away to the US in 3 weeks and will be using a different sim for the holiday] I thought I'd get this one done.

Followed the My o2 app route and I get a text saying it cant be done - the subsequent email said

I'm sorry, we have not been able to unlatch your device at this time. The reason given is: This is not an O2 device, it will not be possible for us to provide an unlatching code.

Contacted Customer Services via online chat and was eventually told to take it back to the store I got the replacement rom as it was originally purchased from a store.

I've had the replacement since Thursday so I think it should have registered with o2 by now - do I go to my local o2 store and ask them or will they tell me to just contact o2?

Cheers

Alun

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

prototype89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry to add to an old thread.

I have the same problem. Sony replaced my phone and O2 are unable to unlock the phone despite my persistence. I even paid several different professional unlocking services that I've used before but they all came back telling me that my IMEI wasn't in 'the database', whatever that means.

Sony have been most unhelpful telling me that my device was flashed with the official O2 software so it's down to O2 to unlock and O2 are saying it's Sony's responsibility.

Having only just recovered from the ordeal of dealing with my Note 7 I really didn't want to jump head first into another battle.

Does any one here have any ideas?

Message 41 of 43

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You've done everything we would normally suggest so I guess you only have the complaints route to try next.
Details on link
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 43

prototype89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks 😞

Message 43 of 43