cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Samsung Galaxy S6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone please help. Had my Samsung Galaxy S6 for 2 years now on contract and want to give it to my daughter to use on a Sky mobile sim. I’ve contacted O2 may times now speaking to them on the phone and to Guru’s on chat to have the phone unlocked, each time then being emailed by O2 to say they can’t unlock the phone and it’s down to car phone warehouse to do it because that where I got it from. I contacted car phone warehouse who tell me no it’s O2 that has to unlock the phone. I believe it is down to O2 but for some reason they say it’s not and can’t do it. Can someone confirm please before I go to the complaints authority to complain about O2 for denying me and refusing to unlock my phone which I would of thought would be a very simple process. Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Are you  sure it's locked? Most phones from CPW are sold unlocked. Try another sim in it and check. Advice on unlocking here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Are you  sure it's locked? Most phones from CPW are sold unlocked. Try another sim in it and check. Advice on unlocking here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much Cleoriff that looks like it work. Why O2 or CPW could not of just told me this would of saved me weeks of phone calls. Thank you again for your assistance and very quick response. Have a merry Christmas and happy new year
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
How many times have we asked for this to be fed back to O2 now @Marjo @Martin-O2 ?
Is it not being done or is it just no one is listening?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you so much Cleoriff that looks like it work. Why O2 or CPW could not of just told me this would of saved me weeks of phone calls. Thank you again for your assistance and very quick response. Have a merry Christmas and happy new year

@AnonymousPleased it worked. Just annoyed for you that neither CPW or O2 could give you the advice, Anyway Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you santa

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

The reason they give for unlocking is totally wrong. They should tell customers that they can't get an unlock code from Samsung because the phone is already unlocked. They are leading customers to suffer stress and anger because this standard email bs needs changing... oops forgot, this is O2! 

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
We all have known for years that CPW sell only unlocked phones (iPhones excepted) so how difficult can it be to get the message to CS so they can accurately advise customers?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous glad to see that you got things sorted - we will make sure to pass on your feedback too, thank you. slight_smile

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you to everybody that took the time to assist and comment with this issue. I think if it wasn’t for you guys and your quick responses especially Cleoriff who informed me at the very beginning I think I would still be having issues now. Thank you everyone and a Happy New Year to you all
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Pleased to be able to help @Anonymous. Happy New Year to you as well. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10