Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Level 1: Joiner

Unlatching a Sony XZ2 Compact

Hi.  

I have come to end of a contract with o2 and my handset is now paid off.  I have requested o2 unlatch my phone to enable me to use it with another provider.  They have sent me a code which doesn't work.  I have been into a store and I have been told the code is incorrect (according to the manager in the store) and they will send me a new one.  The new one arrived and it was the exact same code.  Then I was told by o2 that it's Sony who supply the code to unlatch it.  While in the store I was on the phone to Sony who confirmed it is o2 (or any network provider) who supplys the code.  I am now stuck with a phone tied to o2 that I have paid for which o2 nor Sony can unlatch.  Has anyone else had this problem or know what to do?  The manager in store has opened up a complaint for me as she didn't know what else to do.

Thanks

Topics: 522
Solutions: 10,718

Re: Unlatching a Sony XZ2 Compact

@EmilieT ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 662

@AnthonyC_16

Follow the advice here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

If you are having problems then maybe @EmilieT could help?

*The Game Is On*

Community Manager

Hi @AnthonyC_16, and sorry to hear you're having some trouble getting your phone unlocked. It sounds like you already followed the normal process so I'd gladly get someone to look into this for you - I'll send you a Private Message shortly to get a few more details first slight smile

Thanks @MI5 and @Cleoriff for the mention!

Check out some of the recent discussions:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Review of the Samsung Galaxy A50 - Read our latest device review by member Poppysmum.
Priority tickets calendar! 24-30 June - Check out which tickets are going on sale or pre-sale this week on Priority!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 539
Solutions: 3,340

I'm guessing there is a chance that this phone is hard-locked now.

@viridis will know the code to check that.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Community Manager

@AnthonyC_16 You should have now received a callback from the gurus, that hopefully sorted things out - however if you need any further help give us a shout!

@jonsie 

@MI5

Fingers crossed this won't be needed here but it'd still be interesting to hear more from @viridis on this either way smiling

Check out some of the recent discussions:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Review of the Samsung Galaxy A50 - Read our latest device review by member Poppysmum.
Priority tickets calendar! 24-30 June - Check out which tickets are going on sale or pre-sale this week on Priority!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 75

*#*#SERVICE#*#*
Service info
Sim lock

Look for
[X]. Network 0 = hard locked
[ ] Network 0 = unlocked
[X] Network 1-5 = attempts left

the above Gold badge is not official and as such does not represent O2 community's officially sanctioned winners badges. They are blue, I made this gold myself, because I wanted to, after 4 years of writing the best reviews seen on these here forums, I decided to take that status, and adopt it into my own coloured badge.
To clarify. I changed the colour and added the years, O2 community admin, did not. Please don't be confused.

Top man Smiley Happy

Currently using:
Topics: 539
Solutions: 3,340