cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update firmware on Galaxy S2 from 2.3.3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to update my galaxy s2 from 2.3.3. I did try last year and I am still experiencing the same problems. 

When the device is connected to Kies it says 'Your device's curent firmware version is not supported to update firmware via kies'

If I try to upgrade over the air via settings --> about phone --> check for update I get 'No update available'.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You are going to have to do it with Odin if Kies is not recognising your phone. Search this site for details and come back with any questions www.sammobile.com
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

bsweb,

So you have not updated to ICS 4.0 yet?? I don't thing you can go from 2.3.3 to JB 4.1.1 in 1 go.?

iechyd da

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't upgrade to anything and unfortunately everyone so far I have contact at O2 hasn't been able to help (just the usual reboot pc, update kies blah blah). If I could get ICS it would be a start.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You are going to have to do it with Odin if Kies is not recognising your phone. Search this site for details and come back with any questions www.sammobile.com
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4