cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Gmail setup queston

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

i've just recieved my S3 in the post, im aware you need a gmail account to use Google's Play Store(lucky i use Gmail).

when opening the Play Store it askes if i have a Google account - yes i do so i signed in

At the same time it has also sync my Gmail in the Gmail app, is there anyway i can stop it syncing all my emails and when i delete them they dont delete of my gmail account on pc, like what i had on my iPhone i belive it was set up with POP i think

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To set up the sync on your phone, open settings and scroll down to Google. Open that and you will see your sync settings. Tick what you want to sync.

On your PC you need to open settings in your GMail account and click on 'forwarding and pop mail' at the top of the settings page. Tick the enable imap and then tick 'auto expunge' off when deleting messages from imap.

You should be all set up then.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To set up the sync on your phone, open settings and scroll down to Google. Open that and you will see your sync settings. Tick what you want to sync.

On your PC you need to open settings in your GMail account and click on 'forwarding and pop mail' at the top of the settings page. Tick the enable imap and then tick 'auto expunge' off when deleting messages from imap.

You should be all set up then.

Message 2 of 2