Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Level 1: Joiner

UNLOCKING

Hi there,

i have ave sent several unlock forms to O2 and latest email yesterday is they have closed the case as I have sent too many. This has been ongoing now for several weeks and I have not been able to unlock the phone.

what do you suggest as O2 seem to be stalling. 

Thanks

Topics: 539
Solutions: 3,340

Re: UNLOCKING

I'll mention @EmilieT  to see if she can magic this for you.

Topics: 522
Solutions: 10,718

Have you tried another SIM to see if it is actually locked?
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Community Manager

Hey @J2TheMaximum , and thanks for sending me all the info I needed so quickly! We'll get this looked into for you, and as soon as I have an update I'll let you know Smiley Happy 

In the meantime, can you confirm whether you've already tried a non-O2SIM in, as @MI5 suggested?

Thanks @jonsie for the mention!

Check out some of the recent discussions:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Review of the Samsung Galaxy A50 - Read our latest device review by member Poppysmum.
Priority tickets calendar! 24-30 June - Check out which tickets are going on sale or pre-sale this week on Priority!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 1: Joiner

Hi all,

I have tried another sim, and this did not work. The phone is definitely locked to 02 and I hope they are able to sort this for me so my son can use it with his non O2 sim.

Thanks all and thanks Emily for your help.

Topics: 662

I will mention @EmilieT now, though I doubt she will see or action this before Monday @J2TheMaximum 

*The Game Is On*

Community Manager

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff!

The good news is I picked this one up on Friday, and got a confirmation later in the day that it was all sorted slight smile

Check out some of the recent discussions:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Review of the Samsung Galaxy A50 - Read our latest device review by member Poppysmum.
Priority tickets calendar! 24-30 June - Check out which tickets are going on sale or pre-sale this week on Priority!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 662

@EmilieT wrote:

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff!

The good news is I picked this one up on Friday, and got a confirmation later in the day that it was all sorted slight smile

Great news @EmilieT  wink

*The Game Is On*