cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNABLE TO MAKE OR RECEIVE CALLS IN THE OFFICE SINCE MONDAY : SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having problems since Monday 4th of August, when I am in the Office SE1 8NZ  I noticed I cannot make or receive calls..when someone rings me it goes directly to my VM. I didn't notice that until the next day. I had an urgent missed phone call and when I tried to access my VM , it started dialing and then cut out.
I rang the Customers service who advised me to switch off the handset and remove the battery but still the same. I was then asked to remove it again and also the Sim Card but still the same.
Was asked to try another 02 user's sim card but it wouldn't accept in the phone.
I am able to get Internet , Whatsapp and text messages without any problem
The helpdesk said it's definitely the Sim card
I received the Sim card yesterday but didn't insert it. This morning inside and outside the house the phone works perfectly and able to make n receive call.
I tried outside my building and it works fine and as soon as I enter the office it stops working. If I come out of the office a few hundred yards it works fine
I rang the desk again and explain and they advised to insert the new Sim card which I did. It has been activated and I am still having the same problems.
There are 2 other 02 users with different handsets having the same issue, mine is a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Whats causing this problem? I have never had this issue before Monday.
The signal is showing as 2 bars only?

I have notice on the Thread someone mention Kit Kat whats that. I have gone into the settings and check for updates via Wifi and its showing as The latest updates have already been installed.

4g is not displaying as I am on Wifi but even though I switch to Data I still cannot make or receive calls.

What has 02 done that changed this ?

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe while you are in the office you can divert your calls to your desk phone. This could be a temporary solution until this is sorted.
Message 12 of 31

MI5
  • 147150 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28296 Solutions
or use Tugo over your office Wi-Fi if on contract.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 31

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37283 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions
I can vouch for TuGo, the mast serving my area has been down for a week now, and TuGo is the biz!

Alas, my P&G family members are having to resort to BBM, as TuGo is only for those on Pay Monthly (contract).

You pays yer money, you takes yer chance...
Message 14 of 31

jonsie
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

MI5
  • 147150 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28296 Solutions
There has to be some perks for paying a contract slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

slight_smile

Message 17 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is so strange.. I just removed the Sim Card from my Galaxy and insert into my iphone and i am able to make calls.

I put it back in the Samsung and still the issue

Now am curious to know if its something wrong with the Samsung Galaxy Note3..

Message 18 of 31

jonsie
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

That seems to pint to a phone issue though phones do vary on signal strength. Might be worth having it checked out.

Message 19 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
You got 'pint' on the mind @jonsie ?

Lol.
Message 20 of 31