cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Data and phone Number

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am thinking of upgrading from a Galaxy S111 to a Galaxy Note 3. Is it easy to transfer all my data plus apps bwtween phones. Plus I need to keep my phone number.

I also then want to give my Galaxy S111 phone someone else, how do I wipe all data clean and wipe the phone number.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

"Samsung has a free app for just such an eventuality on Google Play. It is called Smart Switch Mobile and it uses a novel audio communications system. All you have to do is install and launch the app on both phones"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.easyMover

The phone number is on the sim so when you remove it it will be gone.

I believe both take the same sized sim card. {micro sim} so no swap is needed.

However for future knowledge :

To move your number and tariff from one sized sim to another all you do is pick up a blank sim from an o2 store and they will do the swapmysim or do it at home using this link http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

You can wipe the phone clean by performing a hard reset.

http://www.hard-reset.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-hard-reset.html

If the person your giving your old phone to is not on the o2 network then request the unlock here https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Free to contract customers or £15 to payg {T&C apply}

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a very simple process and if you go for the note 3 I think you will love it I do mine the battery life is outstanding
Message 3 of 11

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Alternatively if you sync your S3 with Google for contacts & calendar  etc then when you sign in to the Note 3 with your Google ID then it should sync back to the Note 3.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

After I have transferred all data, I guess I remove the sim card from my S111 and locate it into the Note 3, then do the hard rest on the S111 with sim card removed. Is this correct.

Thank You.

Message 5 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

After I have transferred all data, I guess I remove the sim card from my S111 and locate it into the Note 3, then do the hard rest on the S111 with sim card removed. Is this correct.

Thank You.

Yes, that will work just fine.

Don't forget to take out the ext SD card if you have one and also go into settings >storage and format the internal sd card on the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Enjoy the beast slight_smile
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you,

I dont have a SD card fitted.

When I go to Storage > the only options are System memory, Used Space, Cached data, Miscellaneous Files and available space. Which one of those do I format?

Thank you

Message 8 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Scroll down to the bottom and you should have an option to either format or erase internal storage...
What firmware are you on ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

In storage, when I scroll to the bottome there is no option to either format or erase internal storage...I am running 4.3.

Message 10 of 11