cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch screen sensitivity

Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason over the last few days my touch screen has lost its sensitivity and it is taking me ages to type texts!  Can anyone advise what i need to do?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, well at least the touch screen is fine. Some android keyboards are a bit sticky (Especially the stock one) There are plenty of ones to choose from from the play store. I personally use swiftkey.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you advise what phone you have?

also try rebooting it if you haven't turned it off for a while.

P.s welcome to the forum! 99% of people here are customers like you.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

have tried rebooting (several times!!!) and looked for updates - it is a Sony Xperia U.  Thanks for you welcome.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
on my Xperia S I have an app called function tester. is it there on yours?

If not there is another way to test it
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

SonyEricsson Xperia U ST25i to be exact

Message 5 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147153 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28296 Solutions
Do you have a screen protector fitted? If so, try removing it. Otherwise I'd back up and do a factory reset. If that fails it needs to go in for a repair....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly no Function Tester but do have a Diagnostics.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
go to the dialer and dial *#*#7378423#*#*

Then select service tests
then select touch screen

have a little doodle pressing lightly then firmly and see if there is any difference between this and when your phone is in 'normal' mode

To return when done just keep pressing the back button.

If it is better is this mode then do as MI5 suggested, make a back up and repair using Sony Update Service or PC Companion.

If it is still the same then it's going to need a repair I'm afraid.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks and have managed to test via the Diagnostics tool.  Touch screen came back fine but am thinking it may be the sensitivity of the keyboard (or my fingers have lost the use of typing).

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, well at least the touch screen is fine. Some android keyboards are a bit sticky (Especially the stock one) There are plenty of ones to choose from from the play store. I personally use swiftkey.
Message 10 of 10