cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think I've been conned

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone, hope you can help. I had a call last Monday 12th October from '02' asking about my tariff etc. They guy I spoke to, Cameron, signed me up to a SIM only 15.30 per month for 12 months. He said that the new SIM would be with me by Wednesday last and I'm still waiting. My account is due to be debited in another week and to say I'm not happy is an understatement! Please help. Should I contact my bank?? Thanks
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You really should never sign up for a contract from a cold call. It was probably a third party seller acting on behalf of O2 but who knows? Have  you a contact number for them? You should be giving them a call to say you are not happy and want to cancel....Yes contact your bank if you are concerned...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You really should never sign up for a contract from a cold call. It was probably a third party seller acting on behalf of O2 but who knows? Have  you a contact number for them? You should be giving them a call to say you are not happy and want to cancel....Yes contact your bank if you are concerned...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Contact CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus and see what O2 think you are on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another o2 trusted partner at it again 

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We don't know for sure, we suspect this is the case. I would put a stop on any new payments going out with my bank until it's verified by customer service.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Teejay1, contact CS as @MI5 mentions and let us know if they confirm

Message 6 of 6