cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering slow?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Galaxy Y and use WIFI tethering whilst out in my Motorhome to connect up my netbook. This weekend the internet connection was very slow and intermittant even though I had 3-5 bars on my reception. Why would this be? Also can I do anything to improve the connection speed in cases such as this? I have tried it again now I am home and the internet connection using the phone tethering was quite fast (and data efficient!)

One other thing, I tried to get into ebay to my selling account but it kept forceing me to use the ebay.mobile account, which is no good to me. How can I insist I get the normal laptop ebay account?

Thanks, Brian

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see it now, at home now it is 'E', where can I find out whet these codes mean?
Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It goes G, E, 3G, H, H+ in order of speed. You can have full bars but only G and still be slow for data. For best data you are looking for at least 3G with 3 bars minimum. On the ebay mobile site if you go to the very bottom of the page you should see an option to go to desktop site. There is also an ebay app on Play that you can download which is easier than using a browser.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks for your help. Much wiser now.
Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
No probs. Just ask if there is anything else.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Found and downloaded the ebay app - much better, thanks again. Brian
Message 15 of 15