cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly Unable To Receive E-Mails To My Samsung Galaxy S5

Anonymous
Not applicable

About 3 hours ago I started receiving "unable to sign in" messages for my Yahoo e-mail account on my Samsung Galaxy S5.  Until now, it has worked perfectly.  I have tried to sign in and just re-type my normal password for my e-mail account, but it won't accept it.  Nothing has changed on may e-mail account, the password has not been changed and I can access my e-mail account perfectly normally on my PC.

I'm able to send messages, but cannot receive them. I've tried to type "android" at the start of the IMAP Server address (so that it reads android.imap.yahoo.com) under "incoming settings" as  someone has suggested, but when I press "done" it says it is unable to connect the to server.

Any ideas please?  I'd be really grateful for your help.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

This reply is a bit late but I can let you know what was happening and why.

This was an issue with BT Yahoo only. All email access went on a wonky one at around lunchtime on Sat until Sunday morning. It affected email access from IOS and Android only and did not affect access to your emails via web access.

If you are still getting an error message saying that your account needs attention etc tc uninstall the account from your device and reinstall it and it will be fine.

It seems that a change made in the Windows 10 creators update affected outlook based email severs(BT Yahoo) .

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Try deleting your Yahoo account and reenter your details after rebooting the phone.

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, do I need to make a note of the current settings and use the same ones for "IMAP Server" and "Security Type" and "Port" etc?

Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

When my emails stopped coming in I just deleted and reinstalled the app. No further fiddling about needed

I have a bt internet account.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes, you need the correct servers, ports etc but you might find using the yahoo mail app works better for you.
These kind of issues do tend to fix themselves though mostly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for your help, much appreciated.  I have no idea why it's just suddenly stopped working for incoming e-mails.

Is it best to just leave it and see if it corrects itself by tomorrow and if not, download and use the yahoo app instead?

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
That's what I'd do, yes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help.  I'll give it a try slight_smile

Message 8 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous hope you had a nice weekend! Please do pop back in to let us know how you're doing with the email and if you got it sorted? slight_smile

Message 9 of 11

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

This reply is a bit late but I can let you know what was happening and why.

This was an issue with BT Yahoo only. All email access went on a wonky one at around lunchtime on Sat until Sunday morning. It affected email access from IOS and Android only and did not affect access to your emails via web access.

If you are still getting an error message saying that your account needs attention etc tc uninstall the account from your device and reinstall it and it will be fine.

It seems that a change made in the Windows 10 creators update affected outlook based email severs(BT Yahoo) .

Message 10 of 11