Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update

SnowDog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Following the software update (I presume 8.1), LG V30 is stuck on the splash screen and won't do anything.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

How long has it been stuck for?
Have you tried booting into recovery mode and factory resetting the phone?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/help/how-to-access-recovery-mode-lg-v30-v300k-t3701834

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

SnowDog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Holding down volume down buttons, power buttons does not do anything whatsoever. 

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Not even if you just hold the power button?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
LG support here if needed http://www.lg.com/uk/support/contact/telephone

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the LG   Button reset to factory settings - tho you will lose all your data. If that fails see if you  can access the android bootloader and factory reset that way. 

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

That links a bit generic : this is V30 specific:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
  3. When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
  4. When the 'Delete all user data (including LG and carrier apps) and reset all settings' message appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
  5. Press the Power button to reset the device
Message 7 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Didn't have an issue (well, apart from the fact it took 4 attempts to download the update), so can't really suggest anything else.
I will say though that LG were brilliant when I had an issue with my G4, so definitely contact them if you are having a problem @SnowDog.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 13

gmarkj
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Oh, and it is 8.0 with the March security update - build is OPR1.170623.026 (not sure if that helps?)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 9 of 13

gmarkj
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
So the first thing I noticed after updating is the god-awful white background on Google apps.
Tried to sack it off, but apparently that is how they are.
I mean, really?!?
You can customise notifications directly from the notifications.
Apart from that not really noticed anything else.

Message 10 of 13