cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seemingly impssible to unlock Sony Xperia XA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help here. My missus gave me her old phone, she's on O2 I'm not. Phone has lonog since been paid off, was originally sold through Carphone Warehorse.

Been asking for it to be unlocked and was initially told by O2 that CW had to do it. They said no, O2 must do it. Then was told by O2 that Sony must do it. They said no, O2 must do it. O2 now say they cannot do it. 

What do I do? I lost my (contract) phone in Feb, we're both NHS workers, so could really do with some help here. If I raise a complaint with O2 will they take responsibility here because we are getting passed off every time.

With thanks,

Nick 

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so the new SIM arrived, all swapped over, and the same error persists. MM#6

Anyone got any other ideas, other than smashing up an otherwise good phone?

Message 41 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Anonymous 

The absolute only other thing I can think of is an account retriction on changing phones on your Voda account.

Maybe worth asking them to check for you?

Other than that, I can't think of anything else, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wil try that, thanks for posting MI5

Message 43 of 58

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @Anonymous , sorry to hear you've been struggling with this. 😞 I'd love to hear how you get on with this and if you find out anything on your end that might explain the issue. I'm not familiar with this type of unlocking issue myself, but if you're still unable to resolve this, I'd like to also check with our Platinum Gurus on my end just in case they'd be able to help in any way.

Thanks guys for the extensive troubleshooting above, awesome teamwork @jonsie , @gmarkj@MI5 @viridis thumbsup

Message 44 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Marjo  @jonsie , @gmarkj , @MI5 @viridis  for all your input and time on this issue. Been on the phone to vodafone and it seems they mayy have blacklisted the handset all by themselves,  thought blacklisting was something that had to be done by all networks but a nice chap called Raj is asking his boss to take the blacklist off, hope it will be actioned within 72 hours, I'll update with results, fingers crossed, if it doesn't work I'll go and cry quetly in a corner somewhere

Message 45 of 58

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Had to be a voda restriction of some sort.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 46 of 58

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Fingers crossed that will resolve it! fingers_crossed fingers_crossed fingers_crossed

Message 47 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

So today was the day, tried the SIM and the same message, MM#6. @Marjo will any of your platinum team have an idea about this?

Message 48 of 58

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Argghh!
So frustrating 😞

Currently using:
Message 49 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rang Voda again this morning, they haven’t un-blacklisted the phone yet. Harrumph. Thank you everyone for following and helping me with this pray

Message 50 of 58