cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seemingly impssible to unlock Sony Xperia XA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help here. My missus gave me her old phone, she's on O2 I'm not. Phone has lonog since been paid off, was originally sold through Carphone Warehorse.

Been asking for it to be unlocked and was initially told by O2 that CW had to do it. They said no, O2 must do it. Then was told by O2 that Sony must do it. They said no, O2 must do it. O2 now say they cannot do it. 

What do I do? I lost my (contract) phone in Feb, we're both NHS workers, so could really do with some help here. If I raise a complaint with O2 will they take responsibility here because we are getting passed off every time.

With thanks,

Nick 

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 58

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you checked it is actually locked?
CPW don't normally lock phones.
If it is locked, it should be o2 that provide the code. Get your partner to use it for a couple of days, then in the My o2 app there is an option to unlock device.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you jonsie.

The phone itself (Sonny Xperia XA) is locked to O2, it's not the PAC code.

O2 say they cannot do anything.

What do I do next, go to Ofcom?

Message 4 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you gmark

yes, it's locked, when I insert my Vodafone SIM it says "Phone not allowed MM #6"

Have requested the unlock through the accont and the app and verbaly on the phone to cust svcs. emailed them too they repeatedly tell me they cannot unlatch it

Message 5 of 58

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you tried as suggested(other half to use it for a few days and then request unlock via My o2)?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 58

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, thanks gmarkj , tried that. she has her current phone, and our kids phones on O2, so at cust svcs advice I bought another O2 payg SIM and have had that in the phone since (so it didn't ****** up their accounts).

Still being told it's impopssible, don't understand why, or what we can do about it

Message 8 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any ideas about this guys? @Marjo can you help?

Message 9 of 58

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Go to Settings >Network settings and check that the phone is set to automatic network selection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 58