cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Samsung android m update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering what the criteria is for upgrades dropping onto the phones. Reports are showing some with Samsung s6 have received the software upgrade. The majority of people haven't.  Any idea of the hold up. I'm impatient when it comes to these sort of things ๐Ÿ˜

More info

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It is usually down to the networks. They have to do their own testing so it delays some updates....

Edited to add..it is being rolled out. Someone on this thread was updating a day or so ago...http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Android-6-0-Marshmallow-HUB/m-p/950650/highlight/true#M14951

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It is usually down to the networks. They have to do their own testing so it delays some updates....

Edited to add..it is being rolled out. Someone on this thread was updating a day or so ago...http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Android-6-0-Marshmallow-HUB/m-p/950650/highlight/true#M14951

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 23

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Already a thread running. If you use search function you will find it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Must be down to series numbers. Lots on o2 have received it but my poor old s6 on o2 is craving for it but no sign on the horizon.
Message 4 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Correct....It is down to the serial number of your phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 23

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Patience is a virtue. Its also no different so nothing to get excited about.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
My serial number must be way down in the pecking order. 8 days In to release and still nothing.
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Come on o2 please release M for my Samsung s6....

Still no update...

Vodafone released it two weeks ago now!!

Message 8 of 23

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As far as we are aware it has been released already?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's getting pretty farcical but I have my suspicions that it will drop in on the majority when the s7 pre orders can be no more. Either way it's pretty shocking service saying some have had it nearly 2 weeks now. Sick of waiting. My nexus tablet although yeah it's linked with android has it for months. 

Message 10 of 23