Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Wave II S8530 upgrade to Bada 2.0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me.

I have a Samsung Wave II S8530 which is currently running Bada 1.0. I'm finding it very frustrating now as a lot of the apps no longer work (or update), and I can't use the internet fully as a lot of websites (e.g. BBC) require the latest version of flash.

I've been speaking to various people at O2 over the last few months, each time I am told to just wait a bit longer as O2 are still testing Bada 2.0. But I've had enough now. I want a phone that I can use...I am paying good money for this.

I've spent a good amount of time this evening again talking to an O2 Guru, they contradicted themselves a couple of times, didn't seem to know a lot about the situation and told me a couple of things that were incorrect...I am still stuck at square 1 with a phone that only partly works and I am months away from being able to upgrade to a different phone.

Does anyone have any information as to when Bada 2.0 might be available through O2? Or anything I might be able to do to improve my phone?
Or in the absence of either of these any suggestion to who I can contact to see if there is anything else I can do?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

If you're still in contract O2 still have an obligation to repair it for you or replace it if they can't.

Hello.

I've only just seen this message now.

Unfortunately O2 don't see it this way. After a long conversation with them, the best they would suggest is to let me buy my contract out as technically the phone isn't broken...

Message 11 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
As I posted previously you are gonna get a better response from talking directly to Samsung....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 12 of 12