cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 update conflict

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting conflicting information when I use Smart Switch and the devices internal update feature.

Smart switch asks me to update,  (2.8gb) which I do. Then afterwards I try the S8's internal Software update, It then downloads and installs  a 108mb file and says it's up to date.

If I then go back to Smart Switch again, it says it needs updating and wants to install the 2.8gb file.

https://ibb.co/d1LZsF

Which is right?

phone

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I defaulted the phone back to factory settings but still got the request to update via Smart switch. I think that because the older version of O2 software has the higher number (see bottom image) the phone's software update sees it as more recent.  I have visited Sam Mobile to see the latest version from O2 and the QF7 version appears to be the lastest, so if I go with that info I assume Smart Switch is correct.

Is there a way of checking with O2 to confirm this

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147144 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions
Sammobile will always show the latest. It's 100% reliable.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 16

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We will try to confirm with O2 but, as @MI5 said...

@MI5 wrote:
Sammobile will always show the latest. It's 100% reliable.

Let us know Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem now is that I have a nagging notification saying the software needs updating because the phone doesn't recognise that I have the latest update.

Message 14 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147144 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions
Until the firmware id gets corrected you might want to turn off auto updates in the phone settings and just use smartswitch to update the device.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 16

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, how are you doing? 

Technical problems are complex, so maybe you should try to Talk to a guru They should be able to help you! (They can help you with a full diagnostics and raise a case to investigate further if needed!!)

Please let us know! We will like to help Handshake

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 16 of 16