cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 update conflict

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting conflicting information when I use Smart Switch and the devices internal update feature.

Smart switch asks me to update,  (2.8gb) which I do. Then afterwards I try the S8's internal Software update, It then downloads and installs  a 108mb file and says it's up to date.

If I then go back to Smart Switch again, it says it needs updating and wants to install the 2.8gb file.

https://ibb.co/d1LZsF

Which is right?

phone

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147029 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
The 108mb file will just be a security update.
The big one sounds like a major firmware upgrade.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

But it is basically sending me round in circles

Message 3 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10664 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions
Hi viper, is this an o2 device or was it purchased elsewhere?

Is your date n time correct?

I would suggest a hard reset, and start again, if not it could a corrupt is., and I would contact Samsung
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is an O2 device purchased from the O2 Shop in my local town.
If you look at the Smart switch image, it says it wants to update to a lower number.
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 147029 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
Your device is saying it's up to date.
I would believe that if it were me.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also could try Samsung app store and update that way
Message 7 of 16

NBH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It looks like the big update is putting your CSC back a revision from QF8 to QF7, the small update is picking this up and updating it back to QF8 which is then picked up by the big update as being different and you go round in circles.

Out of interest, I haven't had a phone like this for a couple of years, are O2 always this slow with security patches. It is now August and my phone is still running 1st June patch?

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 147029 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
Yeah that's normal for o2.
Message 9 of 16

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you getting on with the updates - is it still in a loop or did you manage to resolve the issue?

Message 10 of 16