cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S4 Email & A4.4.2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since upgrading to 4.4.2 on my S4 periodically I have problems receiving email. I can send out just fine but can't download.

General network access (WiFi/3G) appears to be okay although I am not a tech-drone so not a heavy user when out and about.

Researching web content I've checked the Master Sync & Data Sync options, everything appears to be in order; cycling the Sync mode per O2 Guru advice was ineffective.

Logic would suggest that as I am able to send email that Sync is active. 

The only way I can restore full functionality is by removing and reinstating the email account, a little irrirtating doing this every few days.

My email server is POP3 and I'm using the native Email service.

Any similar experiences? Advice?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
After upgrading the firmware it's sometimes recommended to perform a hard reset to clear out old files which can cause issues.

Have you done this ?

I was having issues with the native mail app on a trial android phone so I started using K-9 mail app with success.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9
Message 2 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144328 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If your provider supports it you should be using IMAP.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not done a reset to factory settings, always dubious about taking such drastic measures, however I will give it a go as I've seen this in a number of other forum posts.

I should say also that my colleague experiences exactly the same behaviour so not restricted to my phone only.

Email is provided by my company and I don't think IMAP is an option, but I will check.

Thank you for speed responses.

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome.

Let us know how you fair please.

slight_smile
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
IMAP is really the way to go or some companies like mine use exchange
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately the hard reset to factory default did not resolve the issue I have with maintaining a positive synch to my email account.

I am open to other suggestions, but IMAP is not an option for me.

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for the update.

You do need to remove the 'solution' on this so more members see it and perhaps help.
Message 8 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144328 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
What do you have the sync set to (Email account settings).
Do the emails receive OK when you do a manual sync?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you try the K-9 app ?
Message 10 of 18