cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 password fail

Anonymous
Not applicable

My samsung galaxy s6 suddenly switched itself off yesterday. It wouldnt turn on so I assumed that it was because the battery was low so I put the phone to charge.  The phone turned back on after being fully charged but it wouldnt accept my password the message said your password is incorrect try again in 5 mins. I am absolutely sure I am inputting the correct password. Can anyone tell me if there is anyway I can get into my phone without doing a factory reset.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Normally, if you enter the incorrect phone password a number of times, it will give you the option to sign in with your Google account, however, the sudden shutdown worries me if it wasn't battery related, it may be a system issue and I guess it could have wiped your password - have you tried not entering anything?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Only by remembering password I'm afraid.
Did you not set-up the fingerprint reader? This would work too.
If none of these work or can be remembered, I'm afraid a reset will be required
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried entering nothing and it still didnt work. I did have a software update a few days ago would that have affected my password?

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, it could have done.
Have you not got a fingerprint set up ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I've got a feeling (from memory) that the S6 also has theft protection.
What this means is, even with a factory reset you will be asked to sign in to your Samsung account(if logged in at time of reset) before the phone will grant access to you.
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
At least you can reset your Samsung password on line though.
If I'm understanding the post correctly, it is the phone screen lock password that is the problem, or are these two linked on the S6?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I know I am entering the world of the experts here but when I was searching this on Android Central some guy posted this and it apparently worked

The easiest way to fix this is to: 1. Reset the password using the Google Device Manager (if you have registered) or 2. Enter the password at least 5 times but less than 10. (You may have a setting checked to erase all data with 10 wrong passwords.) After 5 passwords hit cancel and the phone will give you an option to unlock with your gmail account.

Ok...thats my one and only venture #dontpanmefortrying....Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, as I've said above.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yes, as I've said above.

Well you probably said it slightly differently...otherwise I wouldnt have bothered posting....However, that was me dipping my toe in the water and trying to learn at the same time....Banana

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13