cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung GT-N7000 Google Play Store has stopped

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I was downloading some google updates which were taking ages so foolishly  stopped them, it did warn me that some apps might not work now!!

My phone is so messed up now --really slow to respond etc, any ideas please?

Have cleared the cache in Settings/Applications/Googleplay store, then rebooted but still no joy!!

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Without knowing what exactly is going on I would go with the above suggestion.
However, it is also worth checking and clearing the cache from "Download Manager" too.

I would go with this, or more often than not it is just disabled.

Go to settings > applications > all

Scroll to the bottom of the list and usually "Download Manager" is there. Enable it and away you go.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That sounds like a system update which may well require a factory reset.

Make sure everything is backed up first.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
However, it is also worth checking and clearing the cache from "Download Manager" too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 9

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I would go with this, or more often than not it is just disabled.

Go to settings > applications > all

Scroll to the bottom of the list and usually "Download Manager" is there. Enable it and away you go.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, This is really interesting as I have the same thing on my Sony Experia J. The message keeps flashing intermittently that Google Play Store has stopped working. IMO Google has been an absolute pain - what with backing up photos that I don't need, continually downloading updates and stealing Internet time. An O2 guru has diagnosed it as a software problem and recommends sending it in for repair. He sent me the forms so that I can send it back and get a temporary phone with a £25 deposit. Is it possible that all this downloading of updates etc carries viruses - specially the Facebook rubbish - 

Message 5 of 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it possible that all this downloading of updates etc carries viruses - specially the Facebook rubbish - 

Highly unlikely, apps from the store are usually reliable.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, This is really interesting as I have the same thing on my Sony Experia J. The message keeps flashing intermittently that Google Play Store has stopped working. IMO Google has been an absolute pain - what with backing up photos that I don't need, continually downloading updates and stealing Internet time. An O2 guru has diagnosed it as a software problem and recommends sending it in for repair. He sent me the forms so that I can send it back and get a temporary phone with a £25 deposit. Is it possible that all this downloading of updates etc carries viruses - specially the Facebook rubbish - 

1st prize for the most number of inaccurate statements in a single post Smiley Frustrated

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 94389 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions