Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A70 Camera

LouT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone I have a 1 month old Samsung A70 and the camera app has stopped working. Every time I open the app I get a black screen. It won't change to a different mode or anything. It then closes down. The app was working perfectly until last week and then just stopped.
I can't see anything obvious blocking access to the app.
Has anyone else had this issue? Help would be appreciated as I'm feeling very foolish and frustrated.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @LouT 

Your best bet is to ring Samsung directly https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@LouT 

Try settings> Apps> find the camera app and open it.

Clear cache and data the force close.

Reboot your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10660 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @LouT 

Very sorry to hear that you are getting trouble with your Samsung A70 camera app.

I bought the Samsung Galaxy A70 a few months ago.   I use the camera alot and it is working perfectly.   I have used the video and the various camera options.

I can only say that MI5 may have a solution.  Can you get into a Samsung store near you? I  would do that first but if not then ring Samsung directly for an answer or advice.

Hope you can get a quick result. If you can spare the time, would very much appreciate it if you could let us know what happened. 

Good luck TallTrees 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 9

LouT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My geek son tried that and it worked for all of 10 seconds I pressed one button and then an error message came up saying CAMERA NOT WORKING.
Message 5 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10660 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @LouT
Then there's no question take it back. I bought mine from Samsung store in town. I wouldn't fiddle around with it. Best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@LouT what was the last app you installed before the camera started acting up ?

Whatever it was, try deleting it as sounds like something is messing with the camera app.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions