cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLUTION for Missing XPERIA Z1 HEADPHONES

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, by now we all know this situation is just BS and alot of hearsay. After digging around i can share my findings.......

After speaking to Sony, i was CLEARLY told that o2 were given the Z1 with headphones, charger, USB and screen protector. I was even sent an email from Sony confirming all items given to o2. Even EE clearly displayed box contents of the Z1 on their website, whereas o2 did not. I wonder why???? Er, well we now know, they took the headphones out. Next they listed them in their accessories shop at www.accessoryshop.o2.co.uk/brands/sony-original and are selling the headphones we all should have got for £69.99!!!! Rip off. What makes it worse is that they to mug us off with a 20% discount code "SONY20" to get these headphones for £55.99 for which SONY is selling online for £39.99!!! What a scam.....

Anyway, complained to all and sundry and the conclusion is as follows:

Choose your prefered option:

1 - Buy headphones online from o2 using the 20% discount and then Call o2 to get them to refund you the £55.99 which they offered me. Just fax your reciept as proof. 

2 - Call the SONY / o2 Headphones hotline 0800 038 5341 (just set up today morning) and request your FREE headphones by giving them your IMEI number. They WILL NOT confirm what headphones type you will get. Even the girl on the phone said they were RED?? and not black or white.....ugh. Don't really like this option personally

3 - Return phone to o2 for FULL REFUND and CONTRACT cancellation (even if outside the 7 or 14 days) as the headphones were NOT included when should have been. o2 Are prepared to cancel if you want to do that as they ARE at fault.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Xperia Z1's originally bought direct from Sony in the UK come with the MH750 stereo headset in the box worth a whole £21.99.

At the moment Sony UK are running a new promotion on the Xperia Z1 bought directly though there own Sony shop to supply the MDR-1R headphones FOC to the next 200 customers, these headphones are listed on the Sony shop at £300!

I can't believe people who bought Z1's from O2 are still moaning about £22 worth of headset when they got £180 worth of QX10 camera lends thrown in FOC.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't believe people who bought Z1's from O2 are still moaning about £22 worth of headset when they got £180 worth of QX10 camera lends thrown in FOC.

Why can't you believe it exactly?

Just because O2 run a promotion to offer something free with the phone does NOT mean they can take accessories out of the box.

It really isn't difficult wink

Message 4 of 6

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy but do you really think O2 are opening all the boxes, removing the earphones, packaging them back up into sealed Sony-branded boxes then listing them for sale on the website?

Imagine the phonecall when we ordered all those boxes...

O2: Hi Sony, we would like to order fifty thousand of those new Z1s please.
Sony: No problem.
O2: Can we also have fifty thousand empty headphone boxes too please?
Sony: That's an odd request, can we ask why?
O2: Erm... no.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 5 of 6

kernowman
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Called O2 again today

They gave me a number to call to order the earphones

You have to give them your Info (Name, Address and Date of Purchase) and IMEI number.

The number is: 0800 038 5341

Or email: earphone@sony-promotions.com

They told me it might take up to 3 weeks for the earphones to arrive

Message 6 of 6