cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS codes

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use a BB Torch 9860 and cannot receive automated SMSs with activation codes from banks, TU Go, &c. My SMS Options are not set to block anonymous or advertising messages. I recently spent some time on the Help Chat and the only solution the operator could come up with was to unblock the Premium bar, which I'm not too happy about. I can receive the SMSs with codes on a cheap and old Nokia handset with Vodafone Pay as you Go, so the messages are being sent. I'd like to give TU GO a try but can't receive the code SMS on my Blackberry which should enable me to use the facility free of charge.
I'd be grateful if anyone can suggest a solution, particularly if I'm missing something simple.
Thanks
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a thought, and I don't think it could be the problem but its worthwhile giving it a try anyway...resending Service Books to your phone.

1) Tap the Menu key twice.
2) Tap Options.
3) Tap Device
4) Tap Advanced System Settings

5) Tap Host Routing Table.
6) Tap the Menu key.
7) Tap Register Now.
😎 Tap OK.

9) Tap the Disconnect key to retrun to the home screen

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you recieve SMS messages from numbers that aren't in your contacts?

I'm not sure what this could be but I think it might be Firewall related, somehow! So, can you check the following for me:

1) On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
2) Click Security > Firewall.

Can you tell me what has a check in the box next to it on this screen? And more importantly if either other boxes under "Exceptions" is ticked?

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've not had this issue but I do note you have spoken to Live Chat.

They are fine for low level general enquiries not attached to account questions.

Please contact 02 on 202 for contract customers or 4445 for PAYG to get more advice and help.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a thought, and I don't think it could be the problem but its worthwhile giving it a try anyway...resending Service Books to your phone.

1) Tap the Menu key twice.
2) Tap Options.
3) Tap Device
4) Tap Advanced System Settings

5) Tap Host Routing Table.
6) Tap the Menu key.
7) Tap Register Now.
😎 Tap OK.

9) Tap the Disconnect key to retrun to the home screen

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply. I can receive messages from people not in my address book, but I assume activation and banking codes are computer generated and sent automatically. I can't find any reference to Firewall in any menus but I'll try renewing the service books when I'm in a reliable signal area in the next couple of days.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks for the suggestion. I'll try reloading the service books before I bother O2, and see if that works.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Eventually I contacted O2 on 202 and after about 40 minutes of searching and referring, the very helpful lady came up with the suggestion that my SIM was faulty.  I  have now received a new SIM and all work fine.

I've come to the conclusion, as suggested by one reply, that the Help Chat online is of little help if you've worked through the basic alternatives in order to sort out your problem.  O2 telephone support is superb - courteous, understanding and helpful, - in my opinion.

Message 7 of 7