cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM unlock code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I've just bought an Xperia U from ebay and it's locked to O2. Any chance I could get an unlock code for it as I'm leaving the country soon and would have to get a foreign sim card?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
In practice that shouldn't happen.

All sorted then.

Put your non 02 sim in the phone and input the unlock code.
Message 11 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope, never used O2! I guess they were just being nice slight_smile
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Certainly unusual

wink
Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,I recieved my unlock code today from the previous owner that I bought it off of ebay and it did not work?  They had all the correct details,ie: IMEI number,so why is is not working? It's a Sony xperia T. You gave me my previous one for my Xperia Ray and that one worked first time.

Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you inserted another non uk SIM card. Ie not an O2 one to carry out the unlock process ?

We are all customers here like you so cannot access your details. If it's not working then re check with the original owners for the unlock details. And if necessary ask them to request the unlock again or have it carried out at a flea market trader stall / standalone phone shop for a fee.
Message 16 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

This happend to me too and they emaild me my unlock code but it didn't work? Does anyone know why? Please.Crazy

Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Afraid not.

Re contact O2 CS for assistance.
Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,I have done all the above and it can't be unlocked outside in a shop or online as it's a sony. Been told maybe I have enetered it too many times? But surely if it was the correct code(which 02 says it is) then how can that be too many times. Been told to wait 24 hours? But I think it's down to 02, as my original date of contract is not up until the 19 th of this month and they also said you have to have had the phone 12 months before they can give you the unlock code and I have only had it since last May. But the previous owner emailed me the correct code.

Message 19 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes,I have done all the above and it can't be unlocked outside in a shop or online as it's a sony. Been told maybe I have enetered it too many times? But surely if it was the correct code(which 02 says it is) then how can that be too many times. Been told to wait 24 hours? But I think it's down to 02, as my original date of contract is not up until the 19 th of this month and they also said you have to have had the phone 12 months before they can give you the unlock code and I have only had it since last May. But the previous owner emailed me the correct code.

If its on payg then yes a 12 month period has to elapse before an unlock can be supplied for £15, excluding the iPhone, unless that model has just been released which is then subject to around 6 months wait for the unlock..

A phone on contract can be unlocked at any point for free,

O2 source the unlock sequence from the manufacturer so its feasible something has glitched.

Wait for the period they specify and if it does not work then speak to Cs.

A help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/td-p/540294

Message 20 of 20