cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM unlock code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I've just bought an Xperia U from ebay and it's locked to O2. Any chance I could get an unlock code for it as I'm leaving the country soon and would have to get a foreign sim card?

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

If they use their contract sim in the phone to make a few calls then they can get the phone unlocked by filling in the form.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning,

Welcome to the Community Forum.

You would have to be a customer on the 02 Network and been active on the Network for 12 Months. {Payg}

On Payg the fee is £15.00 so top up by £20 ,and make a few chargeable calls to latch the phone to your sim.

If your a contract 02 Customer then its a free service.

Fill out this Unlock Form.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good morning! I'm not an O2 customer, but I've been a giffgaff customer for over 12 months, does that count? If not, is it still possible for me to do it?
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Even though GiffGaff uses the 02 Network you are not classed as an 02 Customer I'm afraid.

Check out the official 02 Info here.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
And if I'm not an O2 customer, is there anything O2 can do for me? I'm guessing if I find someone with an O2 contract, they can't really help, since they can only unlock the phone they bought?
Message 5 of 20

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

If they use their contract sim in the phone to make a few calls then they can get the phone unlocked by filling in the form.

Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could ask them to put their sim in the handset and make a few calls to latch the sim to the handset ,and try requesting an unlock.

Or ask the original owner of the phone.
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh ok, thanks! Actually the original owner has a contract and was willing to help.
Message 8 of 20

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

They just need to fill in the form then with their details. Their simcard should still be associated with the IMEI of the phone and the original owner can just email you the unlock code.

Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Heh, weird. I've filled out the form with my giffgaff number earlier today, and just got the unlock code in my email for free. Thanks O2!
Message 10 of 20