cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 texts won't pop up on screen and numbers on Google not coming up in phone app

Ladylu505
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So when I receive a text message and I'm on another app, i don't get a pop up to say I have a text. The icon appears at the top of the screen but no pop up. Why? I've already tried going onto apps>messages> notification setting and clicking on 'urgent' to make sure they pop up but it hasn't worked! It's driving me mad cos I never know when I get a message.

Also when in on Google and I Google a business and I click on the phone symbol to call it, my phone doesn't open the number in the phone up. I've had this phone less than 2 weeks
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Ladylu505
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's a new phone that I've only had 1 and a half weeks. The text thing was doing it from the beginning, then I fixed it by clicking on the urgent importance thing on app settings, but then it seems to have come back. The phone thing has been doing it ever since I got the phone.

I did an update today, after which I restarted the phone and it's still doing the problems.
Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I would do a full factory reset but back up any personal files and photos etc first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

Ladylu505
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If it's an issue with a phone less than 2 weeks old would O2 not just replace the phone rather than having me faff on with all this? I've got tons of photos and audio files and apps which took forever to sort out when I got my S9, I did a transfer from my S8 which meant everything got moved over exactly as it was on my phone, so I would have to try and remember all my apps etc for when I do the factory reset. If I'd have known I'd have all this trouble, I wouldn't have bothered upgrading.

Message 13 of 16

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If the phone is faulty they will replace it, but they won't until they've checked it out and part of the check is to do a factory reset anyway.
If you use Samsung Smartswitch to back up it will save everything for you anyway, which you'd still have to do if changing phones.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Ladylu505

You have 14 days to return under the change of mind policy here

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

If the phone is faulty you have 30 days.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-returns-and-repairs-policy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ladylu505

I'm guessing you have actually switched the phone off and back on just in case there's been a temporary issue with Android?

Message 16 of 16