cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a new number on SIM card

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, and Happy New Year 😄🎆🎇

I want to add a number to my SIM card contacts on Android 12, something I've not done before. 

But I can't figure out how to do it. There doesn't appear to be an option to select SIM when saving phone numbers in Google Contacts app, only 'Device' is shown. When I press SAVE the new phone number is saved on the Device list, but not on the SIM card list. Any ideas how I can save a number on my SIM card on Android 12?

Thank you

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10630 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Anonymous 

If you have the option it will be under Save to and then its either Device or Google Account. if sim exists it will be under there. 

Most Android phones now don't allow save to Sim anymore.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Doubt it's even possible these days where everything is saved to device and sync'd to Google as a back up or for retrieval from any other device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7103 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

You need to use the Google Contacts App 

How do I copy contacts from handset to SIM?
  1. Go to Apps through Home screen.
  2. Scroll to Contacts, then tap on it.
  3. Tap on the Contact tab.
  4. Tap on Menu key.
  5. On the pop up menu select Import/Export.
  6. Tap on Export to SIM card.
  7. Tap on Select all.
  8. Tap on Done.
This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

That's to copy all to sim but not just add 1 new number to sim.

Also note, only very limited details will be exported as the sim cannot save the amount of data the device can and is also limited to 99 contacts.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10630 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Anonymous 

If you have the option it will be under Save to and then its either Device or Google Account. if sim exists it will be under there. 

Most Android phones now don't allow save to Sim anymore.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Enlli , I can only find 'Import from Sim' in 'Fix and Manage' tab. This copies numbers from the SIM card, but not to it.

I can't find 'Import and Export'. When you say 'Menu' do you mean the three little 'hamburger' lines? 

@MI5  I think you may be right. It doesn't look like it is something I can do. There is certainly not obvious way. Only 'All accounts' and 'Device' are shown. But no 'SIM' option. Never mind. Thanks for your help. I will give it up. I can still see my SIM card numbers, I just can't add to them.  @MI5 @Enlli 

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @madasaf1sh  I think your last paragraph has answered my question. I certainly can't find a way but thanks again.

Happy New Year to you all @madasaf1sh @MI5 @Enlli 

Message 7 of 11

Enlli
  • 7103 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

@Anonymous 

OK just copied a contact to my SIM card using the Samsung Contact APP (Name and Number only)

1. Open Contracts

2. Select the three bars at the top

3. Select Manage Contacts

4. Select Export Contacts

Screenshot_20230105_174850_Contacts.jpg

So if you want a contact on the SIM add it in the usual way and then Export.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've sent some feedback in the Google Contacts app to tell them there is no obvious way of adding numbers or copying numbers to the SIM card. It may be the version of Google Contacts that I'm on. 😃

Message 9 of 11

Enlli
  • 7103 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

Ye

@Anonymous wrote:

I've sent some feedback in the Google Contacts app to tell them there is no obvious way of adding numbers or copying numbers to the SIM card. It may be the version of Google Contacts that I'm on. 😃

Yep I can't do it in Google but Samsung Contacts you can.

Message 10 of 11