cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 - Battery short life

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got an S5 about two days ago but the battery seems to have a very short life span. I must have charged it four times already. I was down to 17% earlier and it said I had 1 hour and 20 minutes left in the battery usage. This compared to a guy on Youtube who was also on 17% and had two days left on his! So something is definitely not right.

On the other hand it charges very quickly, this seems like a good thing but I wonder if this might be a sign that there is something wrong with the battery.

Please help!

Thank you.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144956 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
NO !!!!
wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why,what would it do?

Message 12 of 24

MI5
  • 144956 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
It will do nothing apart from interfere with the system and prevent it from doing it's job.
Many supposedly battery saving apps just cause problems, black screens, lock ups and general issues....
Android is designed to control itself. If you want to save battery to the max, just turn off accounts from syncing and turn off mobile data/wifi when phone is in standby mode.
Remember, the majority of phones are designed to last around 16 hours with everything turned on, the on board power saving modes can extend this but they also reduce functionality.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok well thanks again everyone for your very useful advice. I have 48% after 13 hours usage with 12 hours remaining, so that seems more like it. Then again I didn't listen to Spotify today yet...

Message 14 of 24

MI5
  • 144956 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
Sounds about normal.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok well thanks again everyone for your very useful advice. I have 48% after 13 hours usage with 12 hours remaining, so that seems more like it. Then again I didn't listen to Spotify today yet...

That's very normal & dependable on how long you use spotify you still will use about roughy 10% for 30 minutes listening time 

Message 16 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 123335 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

On the stuff I read this morning it did say Spotify was a battery guzzler. It also said Auto sync was...something I didn't know @MI5?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be a guzzler if used heavily. I just used that as an example

Message 18 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 123335 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It can be a guzzler if used heavily. I just used that as an example

I realise that about Spotify (which was why I mentioned it in my first post...after just landing back in the UK from Spain LOL) I just didn't know auto sync was a big problem until I read about it..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't use spotify much but I have about the problems with auto sync

Message 20 of 24