cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish battery on Samsung Galaxy III

Anonymous
Not applicable

My new Samsung Galaxy III runs out of juice ridiculously quickly.  I can almost watch it go down.  I've done everything I can think of to save battery and power.  I don't use the phone that much, don't listen to music, play games or surf the net.  Any ideas?  Could I have a duff battery?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how you get on, hopefully it may just need a new battery or a reset 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you turned off location settings on any apps that you don't use for location or turned ff push notifications

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem with my S2, battery runs out in less than a day even when I don't use it. I live in an area where it gets no signal, so thought that might be the problem but the same thing happened when visiting friends in London with a good O2 signal. I have turned off all the things that the power settings tell me uses up the battery faster. Any other tips pleaseSmiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you attempted a reset back to the original settings, 

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Stuart. I'll give it a go. I've been in touch with an O2 guru and he thinks it could be a faulty battery so I'm getting a replacement
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
yup
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
you might have a faulty battery too. have you tried talking to an O2 guru?
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how you get on, hopefully it may just need a new battery or a reset 

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
will do. thanks for the advice
Message 9 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's most likely a bad app that is running and using the processor more than it should. If you change the battery and get no improvement I would do a factory reset and run the phone without anything other than stock apps for a few days. I would also suspect that you have facebook on the phone and that the sync interval is set to every hour or some other frequent time frame. This will drain the battery very quickly (as well as anything else you have syncing hourly). I don't think you can mark this solved just yet wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 14