cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement phone - no charger?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have been having issues with my LG G5, keeps having a constant loop of the start up screen and wont stay on. I had also recently cracked the back camera lense so thought I may aswell send that off using my insurance. 

there was no more LG G5's in stock, so offered to replace with the galaxy s7 edge which I thought was great. 

Delivered today, and was just handed the phone, no box, no charger or anything. So how exactly am I meant to charge this? Last time I had a replacement phone off my insurance was in June, this was a refurb of my G5 and arrived in a sealed box with a charger. Why hasnt this been the same this time?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

since I last posted this whole situation has got abit ridicoulous. 

Not only was it the wrong phone that was sent, as they sent the samsung s7 instead of the s7 edge, but its faulty and continuosly turns itself off and spends an hour each time with just the restart screen on.

I contacted 02 insurance to say the phone was wrong, they then scheduled another delivery which I wasn't informed of but again for the wrong phone. it has been nearly a week now of arguing with them and getting no where. I was told to keep the s7 and put on the waiting list for the LG G5, then when I rang again was told Im not allowed to get the LG G5 as I'd already accepted the edge, even tho I don't have the edge. This was then said to be wrong, again by a different adviser who then put me back in waiting for a G5. 

When I asked to speak to a manager last night I was persuaded to accept the edge as they dont think they'll be getting the g5 in anytime soon as apparently they are rare to come by. This was fine, accept now they are out of stock of the edges too now. I was supposed to have been rung back today by someone in the tech team to try and sort out a delivery to me tomorrow in time for christmas, but as I guessed would happen I have heard nothing from them. SO no I'm left over christmas with a faulty phone that dosent work.

Message 11 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Not surprised by their incompetence tbh.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122899 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@AnonymousThis has developed into a real farce. It would seriously think of complaining

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have sent 3 emails now complaining and put a verbal complaint in yesterday over the phone, but seem to be getting no where. I was told "this never happens , its very rare" yer rewind 6 months earlier the exact same thing happened with my LG G4 being lost in the repairs centre, and then being sent a series of incorrect and faulty phones!

Message 14 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122899 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I am very sorry for all these problems @Anonymous. Not what you want before Christmas. Like you I doubt it will be sorted before the 25th....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 19

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Send an email to the ceo's office (you can find it on Google) as this might be the only way to get sorted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @MI5, I'm writting an email now to the CEO

Message 17 of 19

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Good luck mate.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122899 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Let us know how you get on @Anonymous Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 19