cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red triangle when installing update

Anonymous
Not applicable

About halfway through installation, I get a red triangle on my phone, after a few minutes the phone then reboots, anyone else getting this?

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess you were rooted as the boot loader was unlocked? If so, did you restore the stock recovery partition?

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

About halfway through installation, I get a red triangle on my phone, after a few minutes the phone then reboots, anyone else getting this?

Have you got more than 35% battery?

By the way... DON'T install the update while the phone is connected to the charger, as this could brick your phone 

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes mate. battery was over 50%
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has your phone ever been rooted Jag233?
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you got more than 35% battery?

By the way... DON'T install the update while the phone is connected to the charger, as this could brick your phone 

Yep! This is what bricked my phone this afternoon.

Sending mine off to be reflashed on Monday with HTC.

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes mate, returned it to stock a few months ago, was able to download other updates with no problem
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only other thing is how full is your phone's memory? There is a way to see the error but I forget how. One for Google. 🙂
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks mate, 1.9 gb on phone and 15 gb on memory card. would I need to relock bootloader?
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly. Other people have had red triangle errors when they have rooted their phones and then tried to do OTA updates. It may be seeing it is not locked.
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks mate, 1.9 gb on phone and 15 gb on memory card. would I need to relock bootloader?

to my knowledge you do need to relock the boot loader. 

Message 10 of 17