Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Practically No Signal With Samsung phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

A good friend of mine recently moved to Skipton

When he switches his phone on 5G is shown for a second then zero signal

He is in a bit of a low area of town where there are a lot of stone buildings in the 'line of sight' of the O2 transmitter atop Johnson's corner to his new home

He uses his high-end phone to play a car racing game which is very important to him as the group he is in have been together for a long time and are in the top 50 in the World

He cannot use his 55" tv either as somehow the phone is linked to the tv - he does not have a SKY disc

There is an O2 store in town, but my sugestion of going in there was greeted with somewhat derisory looks / comment(s) 

I do remember @Bambino saying please check your signal before changing provider ... but ... cannot remember the details about it in order to pass relevant info to my friend 

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

WispaRed7 Cat

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Your friend's lack of signal is probably due to location. Masts transmit signals but they are often poor in low areas or those surrounded by stone buildings.

You could get him to check his by keying this into his phone https://status.o2.co.uk/

Not sure he he would take advice as he has already refused yours once.

However the ideal way forward if for him to try other network sims in his phone ie Three, Vodafone, EE.

If his phone is unlocked he can use free PAYG sims from those networks to see which gives him the best signal.

Then, if any are better than O2 , he would need to change provider.

That's the best advice I can offer wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Your friend's lack of signal is probably due to location. Masts transmit signals but they are often poor in low areas or those surrounded by stone buildings.

You could get him to check his by keying this into his phone https://status.o2.co.uk/

Not sure he he would take advice as he has already refused yours once.

However the ideal way forward if for him to try other network sims in his phone ie Three, Vodafone, EE.

If his phone is unlocked he can use free PAYG sims from those networks to see which gives him the best signal.

Then, if any are better than O2 , he would need to change provider.

That's the best advice I can offer wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Cleoriff smiling

the lads in our little gang tend to think I know now't about mobile phone technology ... I don't know why I bother ... my lone little voice amongst those 'techy' men wink

Message 3 of 10

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Don't let them intimidate you @Anonymous  you carry on as you are ~ if they are so clever how come they didn't do all the checks themselves?  Clever Techies never get caught out   upside_down, that is probably why they don't want to discuss it with you ~ it may "show them up" nerd

Well done and you have the laughLOL

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

the lads in our little gang tend to think I know now't about mobile phone technology ... I don't know why I bother ... my lone little voice amongst those 'techy' men wink

Well that's the best advice anyone can give him @Anonymous 

If he's a bit of a misogynist, you better not mention it came from a female rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well that's the best advice anyone can give him @Anonymous 

If he's a bit of a misogynist, you better not mention it came from a female rofl

Awww @Cleoriff you've got me rolling about with laughter tears in my eyes LOL

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TallTrees wrote:

Don't let them intimidate you @Anonymous  you carry on as you are ~ if they are so clever how come they didn't do all the checks themselves?  Clever Techies never get caught out   upside_down, that is probably why they don't want to discuss it with you ~ it may "show them up" nerd

Well done and you have the laughLOL

Thank you @TallTrees ... I promise I won't overdo the 'smugness' LOL

Message 7 of 10

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

I would @Anonymous  yahoo

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous