Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P20 Pro WiFi calling

Jamie_TYV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have had my P20 Pro since October 2018. I love the handset and have been promised since day one that WiFi calling would soon be available. I have very poor reception in my place of work (old stone building, dipped in a shallow valley). Live chat keep telling me that I should be able to use WiFi calling now but even with the latest version of Android available on my handset I have no options in settings to activate it. I am now regularly missing or dropping important calls and this is driving me nuts.

Can anyone shed any light?

I feel like O2 Customer Service keep fobbing me off regarding this. Had I realised I would have all this trouble, I would have chosen a different (already supported) handset at upgrade last year.
Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Nothing new to share just yet I'm afraid, but this is very much still something we're working closely with Huawei on. Neither of us wish to release the functionality until we're happy it will provide a seemless, positive customers experience.

As soon as there's more to share, we will. Unfortunately due to the nature of testing, and the complexity of the functionality, it's difficult to give any sort of ETA I'm afraid.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Jamie_TYV 

It's still not on the supported list

Wifi and 4G Calling is currently available on the following devices:

• iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, SE
  • Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10 Plus, S9, S9 Plus, S8, S8 Plus, Note8, S7, S7 edge and J3 2017, A8, A3 2017, A6, J6, J5 (2017), A5 (2017), Note9, A7, J6+, J4+, A9
  • Sony Xperia XZ2, Xperia XZ3, XZ2 Compact, XZ Premium, Xperia XA2, Xperia XZ1, Xperia XZ1 Compact, Xperia 10, Xperia L3
  • Oneplus 5, 5T, 6, 6T
  • HTC U11
  • Doro 8035
  • Google Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL

I will mention @Chris_K  and see if he has any news as to when this may happen

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 22

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I feel O2 are dragging their backsides with wifi calling. Such a shame that these quite new handsets aren't supported yet. Customer service will fob you off because they have no idea when handsets will get wifi calling.

Message 3 of 22

Jamie_TYV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cleoriff, thanks for the info. My frustration comes from being PROMISED that it would be available "soon" and here I am 8 months into my contract and still nothing... I love the camera, the speed and the form of this phone but genuinely wish now I had just gone for something that was on the list already!
Message 4 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jamie_TYV 

I can understand your frustration, I would be exactly the same. Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 22

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Customer services still telling porkies to get a sale I see!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 22

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Nothing new to share just yet I'm afraid, but this is very much still something we're working closely with Huawei on. Neither of us wish to release the functionality until we're happy it will provide a seemless, positive customers experience.

As soon as there's more to share, we will. Unfortunately due to the nature of testing, and the complexity of the functionality, it's difficult to give any sort of ETA I'm afraid.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 7 of 22

Jamie_TYV
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, so loathed as I am to do this, i think im going to have to look at changing my network.

I have been a loyal and good customer of O2 for over 10 years, and don't want to have to leave, but seeing as Wi-Fi calling is available on other networks with the same handset, i see no further option (unless anyone can make any suggestions?)

The value of my current handset just about covers my remaining device bill, which once paid off should allow me to close my O2 account.

Its a sad time for me, so I welsome ideas and suggestions from other?

Message 8 of 22

Foddersin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The only thing would be for O2 to pull their fingers out every other network can support and provide a good and seamless customer experience so what makes them so special that they can't?
Kindest Regards,
Andrew.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ on O2 UK
Nokia 1 Plus on O2 UK
Message 9 of 22

Ste_A
Level 3: Thinker
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

None of the P20 phones on O2 support wifi or VoLTE calling. So why is this page still up: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices?page=device/huawei/p20/topic/settings/how-to-activ...

Very Misleading!

Message 10 of 22