Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneUI 3 update breaks WiFi Calling

Dafty
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The other day my Samsung S20 5G updated to the new Samsung OneUI 3.0 and since then O2 WiFi calling calling has completely disappeared. All the settings in the phone app and the settings options have completely gone.

I spoke to O2 support today and they advised me that it was still activated on my account, all I was advised to do was to restart my phone and try cleaning my SIM card.... not really the best advice.

I have reset my network settings and done several reboots but with no luck.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue with the new OneUI 3.0 update and WiFi calling on O2?

It feels like it has to be the update that has caused this but O2 don’t see to be aware of it?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Dafty 

The method to fix the S20 which has suffered the same fate was to turn off and remove sim card.

Start phone without sim and wait for it to fully boot up, then replace the sim whilst the phone is on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Dafty how are you getting on with this one? Did you try the suggestion of restarting the phone without a sim and was it successful? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 8

Foos
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I have the same problem. Have tried the fix of removing the sim card and restarting - it hasn't worked

I did try clearing the cache of the phone app and restarting. This worked. For a few days. Now it has all disappeared again and neither of these are fixing the problem.

Would be very helpful to get some clarity on this as I use this extensively as I live in a poor reception area so wifi calling is pretty essential

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@O2Waqas 

Any ideas?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@MI5 Thank you for the tag, we will need to go through some steps to see if we can trigger the Wi-Fi calling option on the phone again

@Foos,@Dafty  i will send you a private message so we can look into this further,

Thanks

signature
Message 6 of 8

OneUI_3_update
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Same problem here with s20 ultra 5g o2 stopped and started the WiFi calling and sent me a new sim still no WiFi calling don't know why they think that would fix it as was working fine before upgrade to ui3.0
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@OneUI_3_update 

Restarting the phone without sim and then replacing it "hot" is working as a workaround but needs doing everytime the phone is switched off.

Samsung are aware of the issue and are supposed to be rolling out a fix for it.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8