cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 travel doesn't work on my LG-G4

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 travel used to work properly but not anymore! There is no Internet connection at all and the O2 gurus have been useless. I've resetted the network, there is no EU internet option, the selection of networks doesn't work, I've turned on and off the phone millions of times. I also took off the sim card. Nothing works! I have no idea why and at this point I am sure this is an issue caused by O2. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
  • 123522 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It is active of course. I am in Italy. Pay & go option doesn't work at all whilst mobile web does. The only way I can us Internet is optining in mobile web But I fear this would cost me money!

Have a look here at O2 Travel and how it works. This is the current guide.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-europe

When you say the 'only way you can use internet is opting in to mobile web' I presume you mean turning mobile data on?.

Ok if I can explain. You can only get data abroad for free if you have a WiFi connection. If there is no wifi then to use data you have to turn data roaming and mobile data on. This is when it will cost you £1.99 per day. Payg rates are shown in the link..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Yes I think you misunderstand how O2 Travel works. If mobile data is switched off you cannot use data unless connected to wifi. O2 Travel is not a different source of data, it uses the roaming network at a cost of £1.99 per day.

Message 12 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Did you get your O2 travel working in the end? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 13