cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s6 from samsung mini s5 help please ?

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I have a samsung S5 mini but going to buy a samsung S6 slight_smile

Is swopping all my details from S5 mini to S6 easy please ?

Do i just back up my S5 mini to Kiev then put sim into S6 and backup from Kiev ?

Message 1 of 41
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Poppysmum

Nothing could be easier swapping from Samsung to Samsung phones. You can back everything up using Kies....or you could use Smartswitch. I swapped from my S3 to my Note and it was all pretty painless

(I backed all my contacts up through Gmail and photos through dropbox) However Smartswitch wasnt about then and is now

http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/

I am sure if you need any more advice @MI5 would help....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Poppysmum

Nothing could be easier swapping from Samsung to Samsung phones. You can back everything up using Kies....or you could use Smartswitch. I swapped from my S3 to my Note and it was all pretty painless

(I backed all my contacts up through Gmail and photos through dropbox) However Smartswitch wasnt about then and is now

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 41

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @Poppysmum

Nothing could be easier swapping from Samsung to Samsung phones. You can back everything up to using Kies....or you could use Smartswitch. I swapped from my S3 to my Note and it was all pretty painless

Thank you Cleoriff i meant Kies not Kiev LOL

I looked at smart switch before but it baffled me couldnt understand what to do ,

I think M15 will go into hiding later because he knows i need simple instructions and even then i may get it wrong slight_smile

Message 3 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Poppysmum I edited my post above just as you posted the second time. Have a look at Smartswitch it is easy....but as I say..... if anything more needs adding then @MI5 will help. (You can't be any more technophobic than I was when I did mine) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 41

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @Poppysmum I edited my post above just as you posted the second time. Have a look at Smartswitch it is easy....but as I say..... if anything more needs adding then @MI5 will help. (You can't be any more technophobic than I was when I did mine) LOL

I will look at smartswitch when i get back later and i am a bit more awake.

M15 normally helps me with my phone troubles . Can i just ask do they both take the same sim please or do i need a new sim ?

Got to wait for 10-30am when the town opens before i can get my new toy slight_smile 

Message 5 of 41

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Its a pity M15 doesnt live near me would be easier taking both phones to him to sort. LOL

I could sit there with a coffee while i was waiting wink

Message 6 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

S6 takes a nano sim and your S5 mini has a regular sim...so you will need a new sim....

If your O2 shop is as good as mine.... they may do the swap for you...(or not as the case may be...)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 41

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
Don't think I will bother with 02 shop mine arnt very friendly and would probably say no lol. Argos have the cheapest the S6 Neo is cheaper than the S6 by £180 plus I should get a £10 gift card slight_smile
Message 8 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Are you sure you are looking at a Samsung S6 NEO in Argos @Poppysmum I didn't think they had released that model? They certainly have a S5 neo...

Also..if you are talking about the S6 you will still need a new sim (as it takes a nano...)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 41

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Smiley EmbarassedGood job you said i have just checked and its the S5 good job i havent paid for it just reserved it lol. Told you not awake in mornings . Thank you for telling me or i would have been paying and collecting wrong one . Off i go to order correct phone slight_smile

Message 10 of 41