cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 live streaming poor quality

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi i had a lg g2 on EE i could watch football in it not a problem picture quality was perfect contract come to an end so i changed to O2 now im on 4G i have a LG g3 and when i try to watch something fast moving ie football rugby motorsport the picture quality is garbage it is barely watchable now i have had a sim swap i unlocked my old g2 and tried a t mobile 3g sim in it picture was perfect then put my o2 4g sim in it picture was terrible ( full signal also) im at my wits end o2 say its the third party app thats the problem not there network but it is the same on bbc iplayer sky go and tv catchup has anyone experienced this or can someone tell me a phone that works ok with o2 streaming thanks in advance lee
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
About 6 posts ago @jonsie
Message 21 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think so...off-topic means we would be talking about something else...and we are not really talking about anything in specificc?:smileywink:.We are just showing people how to tag...?

Message 22 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think so...off-topic means we would be talking about something else...and we are not really talking about anything in specificc?:smileywink:.We are just showing people how to tag...?

Ok....works for me slight_smile

Message 23 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for your replies.

Ok i went to the O2 store where they tested 3 different phones and they were all terrible its not a wifi problem for anyone who comments that they have used wifi it is a 4g problem and it is 100% a problem it depends on what you expect from your mobile picture quality its mainly during fast moving footage try rugby on bbc iplayer or football on sky go even on demand you will see it getting blocky and distorted but when you cannot make a face out as it looks like a oil painting then there is a problem after more digging i have found out that O2 compress the life out of the video and pictures so they dont take too much bandwith to transmit 4g, also it cannot be a speed problem as i did a speed test and it was 22mb/s which is fast enough to cope with 1080p from what im hearing...

i am currently looking into changing vpn settings to see if i can get round it . 😕

Message 24 of 31

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Thanks for the update.
Message 25 of 31

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I mentioned the compression in my first reply and it's always been the case on O2 I'm afraid.

Message 26 of 31

MI5
  • 145401 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27930 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I mentioned the compression in my first reply and it's always been the case on O2 I'm afraid.

and I concurred.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 27 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

and I concurred.....

I haven't conkered in ages, when do they start dropping... (:outraged_smiley:)

Message 28 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 123623 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

and I concurred.....

LOL See?? I rest my case....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 31

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

and I concurred.....

end of adolescence....

Message 30 of 31