cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts or calls

Anonymous
Not applicable
HELP PLEASE!!!! I switched my number over from my ee phone to my new 02 phone back in July and I still can't receive texts and phone calls unless the phone call is from an o2 number however I can still text and call someone. All of my phone calls and messages go through to my old ee phone. I've been phoning o2 since July to get this fixed and they haven't done anything!!! I phoned ee and they said o2 haven't swapped the number over even though they had done and my phone number comes up when I ring from my o2 phone and that's why they hadn't shut my ee account down meaning I've been paying for 2 contracts since July! I finally got an answer last month to say I had to fully close the ee account down and then temporarily close down the o2 account and it should make the number work... Of course it didn't work! Now the ee phone has been shut down I can't receive any phone calls or texts which is making life very stressful as I will live away from my family and if there's an emergency I would never know! I've been phoning o2 once or twice a week since July having to repeat my story over and over again and it's a pretty long one which I really don't have time for as I'm a very busy person, and I always have someone say they're going to phone me back or email me in 24 hours and I never get a reply! Even yesterday I was talking to someone in customer service who said he had wrote in his calendar to ring me back today and I haven't had any call back! (it would work as it's an 02 number) I only chose o2 for the 02 priority and I can't even use that because I can't get a verification text so this has been a complete waste of my time! To top it all off the phone itself which is a Sony m5 is already broken, it randomly turns off everytime the screen turns off which has made it very frustrating when trying to phone 02! I need answers now :'(
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. Did you actually get your PAC from EE? The fact you seem to have some service indicates you may have a split port. Its up to the networks to resolve this ...

http://kenstechtips.com/index.php/pac-code/ee-keep-number#Leaving_EE_For_Another_Network

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
It's actually o2's responsibility to resolve.
Yet more appalling so called customer service.
Make a complaint and email the ceo immediately.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Why oh why can't someone take ownership of the problem and take the responsibility of resolving it with EE? Apathy and indolence seem rife in O2 customer service at the moment. Use Google for the email address of the O2 CEO.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've already made a complaint two months ago and it didn't solve anything?! Is there anyone specific I should talk to or say? Every single time I phone up I ask to go straight to the manager but they tell me no and I have to tell them my problem and just say they have processed my enquiry and put it on high importance which clearly they havent and then say I will be emailed and phoned in 24 hours, they said this to me on Sunday and I haven't received anything! It has now been 3 days without being able to receive calls or texts and it's getting really stressful as in a weeks time I will be going to a very important job interview and they won't be able to phone me if I get it 😞

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

My next step would be an email to Mark Evans the CEO. Give them a contact number and someone from his office will get5 back to you.

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Maybe @Toby can help you?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about this. I'm Toby, the community head. Please send me a PM and we can have a chat about your issues.

Thanks @MI5 for flagging.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 8